Monday, September 26, 2016

And so we play....and play and play....

With school in session you would think that Mom would have had to let up on playing. NOPE! The Washington County Fair just so happened to coincide with the beginning of school. She let us each ride a few rides (ridiculously expensive rides after a failed attempt at getting cheap tickets!) and we had fun.



Iva was really brave and actually rode TWO rides by herself! She was a little freaked out but was so funny about insisting on riding them. She actually kept talking about Disneyland rides and comparing them to Dumbo or Ariel.


Mom and I got on the Fireball. It's just a giant ring that you go all the way round in. We both immediately regretted our decision and I was screaming "PLEASE DON'T LET IT GO BACK THE OTHER DIRECTION! PLEASE DON'T LET IT GO BACK THE OTHER DIRECTION!" and of course it did. But luckily, both Mom and I had kind of relaxed and were laughing so hard at how freaked out we both got. It did make us a bit sick, but I bet we would do it again.



We decided to head into one of the buildings and catch the free hypnotist show that was offered. It was the highlight of the night! Dad tried to get hypnotized and was one of the only people it DIDN'T work on, but we thoroughly enjoyed the show anyway. We laughed and we almost decided to come back the NEXT night just to watch it again. Iva has been into giving us this hilarious cheese face whenever we ask her to smile for the camera.




It started out fairly hot and by the time we left we were a bit worn out, but we were so glad we took the time. I love the County Fair and I talked about it for probably two weeks! I also sincerely wanted to buy the man's book on hypnotizing people. Mom never let me get close enough to the table to even ask!

So with the big kids in school, Mom ended up doing a lot more playing just with the two littles. She even took them to the pool without us!



Mom has even snuck in the occasional nap! Unfortunately Iva is at a really hard stage where Mom doesn't actually WANT her to nap because it means she won't go to bed at night. So we spend a lot of time shouting in the car and trying to make Iva sing or talk or do SOMETHING. 



This was an awesome shirt that Cara got from Grandma because she was worried about being small even though she actually old for her grade. Cara has been ROCKING the shirt.


One school day, we showed up at the pool and the lifeguards were devastated because I wanted to do the hydro tube and they hadn't had to open it yet! I made them actually work! Not long after, more people showed up but for about 30 minutes I had that slide to myself!


Oh look! More pool photos!



This was our last Saturday at city pool as a family.


Iva liked sitting at the bottom of the slide, but did NOT want to go down.


Unfortunately for her, Mom is the kind of person who forces you to do hard things. She had to go down once with Mom and once with Dad. She survived. But barely!


Mom started having Sam work on his skills on the side of the pool and would make him hang on the edges. Sam was getting REALLY brave near the end of the swim season. He really started to figure out the whole water thing and was loving it.


Jumping off the side of the pool was one of Iva's favorite things to do. We really had the pool to ourselves so we just kind of kept playing with Iva in the shallow end.






Trying to coordinate jump photos is hard! Iva loves to jump out and almost belly flop.




Handstands!


This random shot of me doing a cartwheel was at an audition to be in the play "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" in the children's choir. I made it in! I was pretty nervous though!


At the end of August, we had a random stormy day that left it cool enough that playing at the park seemed perfect. We even grabbed Lexi to play with us.




Of course, Mom also picked a park with a splash pad and the water actually felt quite warm since the air was a similar temperature and we ended up just getting SOAKED in our clothes! SO MUCH FUN.




We rode home naked. HA!


Oh my goodness! And even more pool photos. Sam and Iva really got good at hanging at the pool.









Oh look! We were there too!


I think that actually brings us up to the end of August. We mostly swam according to our photos. I'm sure we did homework in there too. We maybe even watched TV. We definitely went to the gym with Mom. What glorious fun.

0 comments: