Thursday, August 4, 2016

Summer Wrap Up

Guest post by Mom:
I know. It's weird to type a title like that in the BEGINNING of August, but really we have been on summer break since before Memorial Day. It's been over two months and as much as I'd like it to be three. It's not. School starts Aug 11. That's just the breaks.

Summer was quite busy for me and it meant extra money, but I think it also made summer go too fast! I taught a FitKids clinic at the gym. Two days a week, two hours each day. It was Mondays and Wednesdays in June and then Tuesdays and Thursdays in July. What made it worth it, besides money (haha!), was that my two big girls got to do it with me! We spent a lot of time together.




As the last weeks of summer approached, we kind of got sillier and more desperate in our attempts to keep summer with us! We played in our summer rainstorms.




We laid around on our beds instead of being productive. (Iva's forehead still bearing the fireworks from the 24th of July!)


Cara demonstrated her love of pepperoni at the mall....hahaha


We managed to make it to the opening week of the summer reading challenge and the closing pizza party. And that's about it. We did do all of the reading, we just never made it there again!



I'll sure miss the big half of this crew when school starts. We like being silly together.


0 comments: