Sunday, March 22, 2015

The ever advancing 16 month old

Guest post by Mom:

So I noticed that I didn't do a 15 month post for Iva. This is probably due to the fact that we skipped that appt at the doctor for her (with his permission!) So I don't really know how tall she is or how much she weighs. I think she is in the vicinity of 23 lbs. Although that might have changed in the last week because she got hit with a little GI bug that kept her appetite down and her diaper changes frequent and painful.

I do, however, need to document what the crazy little tike has been up to. Back in February, she got that HUGE goose egg on her head right before our Disney trip. I like to joke that it knocked something loose in her head because she started to babble all the time. She was kind of quiet before, but man since February she will TELL YOU STORIES. For the most part, there weren't words in there, but it was obvious she knew what she was telling you. Over the last four weeks, that has morphed into words and obvious sentences. She has also radically increased her signing vocabulary.

Here are my favorites:

If there is a chance she can get outside, she will sign "swing" and say it. She loves her new swing in our backyard. She also asks to "jump" on the trampoline. She kind of tries to sign this one.

"Aww done" and the sign.
"Gink" -drink..she has started trying to sign this one.
"I wan it" or "I wanna gink". It's kind of mumbled but it's pretty awesome.
"Uh uh" or "Uh huh" which I love. She doesn't say no or yes very often. She uses these instead.
"Buckle" This one has been new since we got Baymax. She asks to get in the car! She is actually obsessed with buckles. She plays with them on all the high chairs, strollers, car seats, shopping carts, etc.
"Momma" she hardly EVER said this and now she says it ALL the time. Be careful what you wish for!
"Gabby!" basically that means all dogs.
"Bish" and the sign for fish which she kind of does by squeezing her fingers in and out
"Bid" and the sign for bird
"Baby" and she LOVES to sign it
"choos" she signs "Shoes"
"apple" and she signs it
"code" which is actually cold and she signs it which is adorable
"dapper" for diaper
"Pease" with the sign for please
"More" with the sign also

Her favorite thing to watch and actually the only thing she will actually watch is Signing Time. Any volume. She loves them and asks to watch it by pointing up at the TV and waving each index finger and saying "Pease". She perks up at the slightest mention of Alex and Leah. Anytime you turn on the TV she expects Signing Time. It's been so fun because she really knows a lot of signs when she watches the movies. It's pretty impressive. I love it.

She also loves to sing "ashes, ashes" and play Ring around the Rosy specifically on the tramp, but she doesn't want to hold hands and do it. Everyone just spins on their own. She will do the actions along with "The Wheels on the Bus" which was a surprise to me.

Now I don't think I have written down all the words she says, but these were the ones that stuck out to me. It's been so fun.

She's kind of a walking disaster right now. She loves to climb on all chairs and tables. She has smacked her head in the same spot where the huge goose egg was three other times now. It might be permanently discolored. She doesn't sit still. At least less than my other two. She seems to be a bit more of a trouble maker....but she sure is cute...



0 comments: