Saturday, March 7, 2015

Siena Plays the Piano

Guest post by Mommy:

Siena's school does a first grade assembly where any first grader can show off a talent or give a speech. It took a little convincing, but I got Siena to play the piano for her talent instead of sing a popular song or dancing to a popular song. I was so proud of her. It occurred to me when she was done that she had never played the piano in public before. I teach her and we have been going pretty slowly, but you also never get a piano recital that way! I think she was pretty proud of herself. I'm not a great teacher, but she's picking up on some basics. 



And then later that day she followed up being so big with acting like a big kid and riding in the cart. What a goofball.


Actually, now that I'm talking about her. I should probably just brag about her in general. We attended SEP's that last week in February and of course her teacher had nothing but nice things to say. Great things. Siena is an amazing reader. She's working on reading chapter books to herself and tests up to being able to read Harry Potter level books. We still struggle a little bit with comprehension, but I think it's because she's trying to be speedy, but also she's afraid of getting answers wrong so she hesitates to answer!

She is a huge help to me around the house. She folds her own laundry and cleans her bathroom. She's in charge of feeding the dogs and does it without complaint. I can ask her to help watch Iva and she likes being responsible.

She talks. A lot. But so did both her dad and her mom. In fact, we still do so really it's not a surprise. She loves to play pretend with Cara. She is really quite a cheerful kid. I would never really describe her as being in a bad mood. She's very easy going still.

She loves "Macaroni Monday" and "Thursday Chicken" which were her ideas. We literally have macaroni every Monday because of it. She's getting MUCH better at trying new foods. She even LIKES some of the new things. We are still warming up to veggies. She doesn't like ranch dressing so I'm kinda stumped! (She likes mustard but not ranch..seriously?!)

She loves to draw and color and make projects although not very involved ones. She plays outside and rides her bike a lot. And according to her she loves being with her family. She has this way of saying "Mom" that is short and punchy and drives me up the wall, but I think she's just filled with energy when she says it. Every now and then she gets strangely weepy and doesn't want me or her dad to leave her at school, but it's pretty short lived and she shakes it off well.

She has gotten much better at climbing with Grandpa. She's getting braver and more confident. I love it.

She's just the best. It's true. Love her.

0 comments: