Guest by Mommy:
So...Iva hasn't been herself entirely since her 1 year check up where I found out she had an ear infection. She went on antibiotics that she finished up just before Thanksgiving. I swear she got worse every day of those antibiotics! While we were up at the Preslars for Thanksgiving, she even broke out in a full body rash. It was so weird. She was happy enough, but more whiney.
And she just got whinier. My family thought she didn't cry and the last two weeks they were wondering if she ever stopped crying! This last week was the WORST though. She would get random fevers and be really clingy, but perk up just enough and I kept thinking that every morning she would just wake up and be better!
She would survive our outings and then crumble. See?
But then she would perk back up....
And I just kept waiting. I mean, her appetite was weird. Somedays all she would eat was chocolate. I swear. It was so strange or she wouldn't eat hardly. She would DRINK like crazy. Lots of water. FINALLY, I got the message that she wasn't getting better on her own and we were running out of ibuprofen. I took her to see my dad at work really quickly on Saturday and what do you know? She had a DOUBLE EAR INFECTION. Her ear drums were bulging. It all made sense and I felt so guilty. I should have had her checked earlier! My dad gave us some stronger antibiotics and this is her little face just after three doses!
My happy baby is back! Hurrah!!!!! She even plays on her own again!





0 comments:
Post a Comment