Wednesday, May 14, 2014

IronFamily!

How has it been almost two weeks since Daddy has done this and we are just getting around to posting about it?! Oh yeah, we've been busy as usual. But we are so proud. SO PROUD of our Dad. He was like super Dad. We are getting really good at cheering him across the finish line, but first he got to cheer for us!

The night before the 70.3 Ironman series race is the IronKids series race. Both Cara and I were signed up this year along with 1000 other kids! Cara was running the 200m dash and I went for the longer 1 mile distance.



 Mom tried to do the trademark Ironman symbol in our hair!


Off we go!


And then suddenly Mommy was nervous, she was walking along the course and couldn't see me. All the other kids ran by. Mommy started running the course backward. Lo and behold there I was with a couple of orange shirted volunteers. Turns out, I had tripped and fell pretty hard in the middle of the race. I ran and hugged my mommy and she told me that I was so close to the finish line. She ran beside me until right at the very end and I crossed the finish line with  A HUGE SMILE on my face. Grandma didn't even know I was hurt until she found me later. I was pretty banged up. I'll still do it again next year though!




The next morning Mommy loaded us all up, slathered us with sunscreen, and packed in the stroller. We even made signs that Daddy never seems to see!



We cheered him on after he transitioned from bike to run! He still had 13 miles to go in this picture!


Daddy finished in 6 hours and about 43 minutes. It was HOT and we brought him right over to the river and had him cool off. He gave himself a silly handle bar mustache that was kind of creepy!


Iva was Super Baby for being such a cooperative cheerleader!


We love the Iron tradition that has been started in our family! We've been downtown every year since the Ironman series came over five years ago. Our Daddy is amazing for being part of the race the last two years. We can't wait for next year!


0 comments: