Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Lake and Swimmer's Itch....

Sorry about the pause in blogging.  Mommy went to Girls Camp with our church and didn't have time to blog before she left.  Last week we went to Sand Hollow with Grandpa and Grandma.  We were so excited to go because we haven't really been on the boat much or even to the lake!  We had a GREAT time.  I was brave and willing to jump in and swim in the water with Mommy and even Cara got brave enough!






I even got out on the wake surf board!  Basically I just knee boarded, but Grandpa forgot to bring me the actual knee board.  I'm getting pretty good.  Uncle Phil was awesome and hung out with me and held the rope.




Of course as awesome of day as we had, there was a price that had to be paid.  Even without setting foot on the beach or in the warm shallow water, we got swimmer's itch.  I was covered.  So was Uncle Marty.  Cara and Grandpa even had a few spots.  We were itchy and speckley for almost a week!  Mommy had to keep telling everyone I didn't have chicken pox.  In fact, I woke up the next morning and told her that I had chicken pox when I saw my spots.


We will give it a few weeks and then go back.  Hopefully the swimmer's itch will have gone away in the lake.  Fingers crossed.

0 comments: