Guest post by Mommy:
I was hoping to remember more of the silly things said by our girls, but sadly as I am starting to type, I feel like I have no memory of ANY. Well I do have one.
Saturday, we were all cozied up and sitting on the floor playing games just the four of us. We were playing Candyland and Siena suddenly exclaimed, "I'm ahead of like nobody!" but what made it funny was that she said it all excited and laughed about it. (She did eventually win with a lucky draw of the ice cream lady, Princess Frost.)
Siena has also taken to laughing this high pitched hysterical laugh whenever she thinks something is extra funny or silly. It resembles neither my laughs or Pete's and sometimes just makes us all snort because it's so ridiculous.
Now if only I could remember how funny Cara has been lately. I think with her it's more about how much she can talk. She's already 3 and a half so I shouldn't be surprised by her complete sentence use but because she LOOKS so small, it takes you by surprise! The other day when helping with a project in our living room, she kept asking her daddy to call her "The Tapeman." "Daddy, saaayy...I need tape, please, Tapeman." which morphed into "Tapegirl" and maybe even "Tapeprincess."
Now speaking of living room project. Siena has become obsessed with pbskids.org. She begs to play it and so we stole away one of dad's laptops and set it up for her one day. But the laptop has some quirks to it and it wasn't a very good solution.
This finally gave me the motivational push I needed to finish up our living room which involved bringing our Mac out into the front room. Ta Da!!
I even finished painting the wood trim so that it matches the fireplace and acquired some extension cords to put our electrical stuff on a different side! Yea me! On a side note, as I sit here and type I can see all my not so careful brush strokes that stand out since the whites don't quite match between the trim and the wainscoting or bead board or whatever and I also made a huge error in the dining room and don't have the paint to fix it. Good thing we're not looking to sell for awhile! I was in such a hurry. Why couldn't I just slow down a little? Oh yeah. Because I suck at being patient. I get so excited for the end result!
And now on a completely different note and for a picture to make you smile. My dad...circa 1979, freshly graduated from high school....(sorry it's a picture of a picture! I think I'll head to their house and upload the actual picture!)

1 comments:
HA! That picture of your dad is hilarious! My parents had already been married for a year by then. Crazy! (PS the ice cream lady is Queen Frostine. She's always been my favorite cuz she's so pretty. ;) Silly huh?)
Post a Comment