Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sweet Sisters

Guest post by Mommy:


This moment just had to be written down for later on in my two girls' lives when they are fighting like...well like my sister, Angie, and I. :)

On Wednesday, I went to pick up the girls up from my Mom's after I had worked half a day and then grabbed a quick hour at the gym. I walked downstairs to see both girls cuddled up next to Aunt Angie, nuzzling each other with their heads. Angie told me that she had been sitting with Cara in her lap when Siena got up and walked on the couch to sit right down next to them. She then hugged Cara and said "I love you, Cara." She kept going and said "You have such pretty skin. You have pretty eyes. You have pretty hair." After that, Cara and Siena took turns kissing each other and bonking their heads right up against each other. Cara even sucked on Siena's hand for awhile. This is especially cute because Cara has mastered the pucker up kiss. (Finally! No more coming at us with a wide open mouth!) She sometimes makes a fish face she is so intent on it.

Oh they already fight and rip toys out of each other's hands and call for Mommy but that also just means they are learning how to play together. Angie and I were watching them swim today and were thinking about how much fun WE had playing together. Angie and I are the same distance in age as my two sweethearts. There are LOTS of fights ahead but gosh darn it, Angie and I had a lot of secrets and games and stories that were just between the two of us.


Sorry that this picture quality is kind of terrible, but yesterday they were having a tea party and Siena kept coming and getting carrots from me, "one for me and one for Cara". They actually ate them too!

0 comments: