Sunday, May 9, 2010

We've been sick...and busy


So really. I've been sick. I mean sick sick. Mommy was finally shamed in to taking me in to her office and getting me a breathing treatment after Grandma and Aunt Angie expressed concern for my well being more than once.. So sad. We seem to just love the croup bug. Cara got it when she was only 3 months old and it normally doesn't occur in babies until they are like 6 months old. Anyway, Mommy did realize that it was what I had pretty early and had called Grandpa on Monday night after hearing me breathe and asked him to leave a prescription of Decadron for me at the house. (Of course Grandpa was leaving at 6 am the next morning to climb a big wall in Zion. He slept on a port-a-ledge and everything!) It was so bad the next morning that I sounded like I was breathing through a straw. Now from what I understand about croup, it's only supposed to get worse at night. So finally at 5:30 pm Mommy got me a treatment and I cried the whole way through. I did not like meeting her work friends. It was kind of darling before Tuesday morning. I had this hoarse little voice that really hasn't gone all the way away. I sound pretty funny still. Mommy tried to capture it on video and really all you can tell is that I'm talking higher than normal in this video. I'm also being much quieter. Wednesday when I was feeling slightly better I resorted to mostly pointing and grunting instead of actually talking and on Thursday night I slept a straight 15 hours. It's been a week long process but I'm on the mend just in time to give it to Cara. (Actually in my defense, Cara had fevers first on Thurs and Friday of last week and gave me a fever last Saturday...so shoot Mommy hasn't had well children for quite some time!) Cara had to have her dose of steroids today. It's even sadder when a baby has a hoarse voice.

0 comments: