Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I already owe my parents money?


That's right. Mommy informs me that she will be deducting $236 from my non existent college account although she's willing to negotiate for either just paying for parts or labor.


You see, I've taken to spending time in the car slightly unsupervised. Pretending to drive, playing with all the buttons etc. Well apparently I also started using something for a piggy bank that shouldn't be used for a piggy bank. Do you know what it was? The CD player. Mommy didn't notice this until one day for no reason at all during an errand run, the CD player went kaput. We drove around for almost 3 weeks with no music (a speaker wire happened to slip the VERY next day making it impossible to use the radio even) before Mommy had HAD it. On a whim she stopped in at the stereo store where they could work us in immediately.

Upon checkout, the nice man told on me. He found a few pennies and a couple dimes. He actually says it is quite common especially in minivans. I personally think that I should get a free pass because now Mommy and Daddy have an auxiliary line for an Ipod. Mom says she'll think about it.

5 comments:

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

I guess I need to charge my children for inserting spare change in our DVD player, and yes, it was a mini van! Luckily it was still under warranty, so we were spared the $600.00 charge.

Rachel said...

Doh!

Jen said...

LOL! I can see Jonathan doing that! I better watch him carefully if I ever let him play in the car!

Jen said...

Oh I forgot to mention... Oakley Hardy owes her folks too... only she actually drove the car and crashed it....

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Okay, this is too crazy. Kaitlyn, too, has been spending time playing in the car unsupervised. She loves it, and it is not watching television so I let her. Luckily, it hasn't been MOMMY'S car but the old, junky one that Daddy usually drives and is out of commission for the time being. How are our girls so similar?? :)