I told Mom after we finished the Summit Tri together that she HAD to sign me up for the next triathlon whenever it was. HA! I had no idea there was one just three weeks later! It was the first tri I ever did! The Trick or Tri at the Sand Hollow Aquatic Center.
I was all set to go! It was kind of a crazy morning because Mom always works on Saturdays at Red Mountain so Dad had to get me all set up with the three kids in tow. Mom also didn't think she would make it in time for Dad to be able to help me in transition which made me pretty nervous. Luckily, Grandma and Grandpa showed up to watch the first part of the race and they stayed with the littles!
Mom showed up just in time to see me start the bike race which was really awesome because as I mounted my bike, my timing chip caught in my chain and I couldn't go anywhere! I couldn't pedal or even pull me leg off the bike! Some nice guy helped my mom free me and then off I went!
I tend to be a slow biker which proved true on this race, but Mom almost missed me finishing because I ran SO fast! I kicked it in to my top gear and was quite hot by the time I finished. I passed a bunch of people on my run.
As always, I love finishing a race. I smile the whole time (which Mom saw me NOT smiling and huffing and puffing as I worked to get out of transition but as soon as I saw that camera...BOOM. Smiling!)









0 comments:
Post a Comment