Guest post by Mom:
We are officially leaving the baby stage behind it feels like! I even put our swing out in the garage. It just wasn't getting used...ever.
Sam finally decided to be mobile, but just BARELY. He's been scooching and rolling and everything but crawling to get around and this last week he finally put it together. He preferred to try and stand. Right now we are fighting the battle of him trying to pull himself up on EVERYTHING stable or not stable. He falls and crashes a lot.
I feel like he got ornery this month. Maybe he's growing. Maybe he's hungry. Or maybe he's just frustrated that he can't get where he needs to go fast enough or stand up. He has cried a lot more this month than he ever has. Even the daycare at the gym noticed that it's been harder to keep him happy. I hope it's a phase.
He also got LOUD this month. The last ten days it is like someone put a quarter in his slot. He's started yelling for attention. He loves to bang his toys on the ground. Everything becomes a drumstick.
We have no teeth still which is a blessing for this Momma. He likes to bite when he nurses. I think I would be in trouble if he had teeth in there. He loves food. I feel like every week he understands eating more. His appetite seems to increase. He loves to be handed a cracker or breadstick or pizza crust and just gnaw away at it. I think graham crackers might be his favorite.
At the beginning of this month, I noticed that every time I picked Sam up he would wrap his fingers into my hair at the base of my neck. Just his right hand and EVERY TIME I picked him up. He didn't pull my hair, it was more like he just wanted to hold me close and probably make sure I couldn't put him down. I loved it. I just realized that he hasn't been doing it as much, but it felt like he was giving me a special hug or that he was showing me that he loved me. He hasn't been quite as cuddly this month as we are transitioning to mobile baby. He wriggles and squirms and twists and turns and it is not nearly so much fun to hold him. I'm also pretty sure he's heavy. I don't notice it. He seems like this tiny thing to me (probably just compared to his big sisters), but other people think I have biceps of steel after they hold him for a bit. I haven't weighed him and his 9 month appt isn't until August 1 so we will find out then!
Our Dancing Queen
2 months ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment