Guest post by Mom:
I know that all Moms feel this way, but I truly CANNOT BELIEVE it has been eight months already. I swear Sam is still a little baby. And let's be honest, he's never been a "little" baby. He's always had some chunk, but not nearly as much as Iva so I feel like he's small. He's probably very middle of the road, but boy, does he have rolls.
In the last month, Sam has finally gotten more vocal. He's added "muma" to his "dada" babbling. I think he actually meant to ask for me when he first said "muma" so I might call it a first word experience. He has also started waving and moving his little hands. He does that little "open and close" hand and it looks like he's waving. I actually have my suspicions that he's trying to sign milk because I have started signing milk, eat, and more whenever I can for him. He does seem to do that little open and close hand when he really wants your attention too. If he wants you to pick him up, his hands start moving.
He's really got the hang of sitting but is constantly falling over because he's lunging forward to grab things. He wants to be mobile so badly. He can pretty much roll and kind of slide wherever he wants to go, but no actual crawling or even army crawling. He is never where I left him in the room. He loves wires so I have to be careful. I want him to crawl, but I don't. I'm not ready for a completely mobile baby. Ha! I think he will be my latest crawler, but I'm really in NO hurry.
Food wise, he has yet to turn down something. He's starting eating really well when I try baby food with him and just go the hang of smashing cheerios into his mouth. He tends to shove fistfuls instead of one at a time (he must have learned it from me) and since he has no teeth it proves problematic. He seems to LOVE the veggies and kind of tolerate fruits. Not my kid at all. Haha! He hasn't eaten a very small amount of eggs and quite a bit of peanut butter which was kind of freeing to be told that they recommend NOT waiting until 12 months now. No allergic reactions but we weren't really expecting any.
He is a pretty chill baby. He doesn't make lots of noise unless he's upset which isn't super often. He's pretty dang quiet even when he's smiling. Occasionally, he will give the little daycare at the gym trouble or even grandma but he's pretty easy to fix either with food or a nap. He's generally hangry (Hungry + angry) if he's upset.
I love that right now he hangs off me like a monkey. He holds you back now when you hold him. Everyone remarks at what a cuddly baby he is. Generally anyone can hold him, but when I get him back he will hug me around the neck and dig his fingers into my hair and squeeze. You can tell he just wants to love on me. It's adorable. He also cuddles really well with daddy so it's nice. Oh our Sam the Man, Sammo, Sammy, Sam Sam and bubba. THANK YOU FOR BEING PART OF OUR FAMILY.
![]() |
| He gets really sweaty! Just like his Dad! |






0 comments:
Post a Comment