Our Preslar cousins had spring break on a different week than us. Mom took a look at their forecast and saw that it was going to snow on them during their spring break and suggested to Aunt Rachel that they should just come down here for at least two days. Aunt Rachel agreed to head south and so Mom surprised me after school that Tuesday by having me answer the door and seeing my cousins! We should have filmed it. I was hilarious and so appropriately surprised. Mom even let us skip school so we could play on Wednesday! We had such a good time. Funny enough, Mom didn't take many pictures and neither did Aunt Rachel which just isn't like them!
We went to Hidden Valley and got a little wet and these are the only photographic evidence that Mom had.
We played a lot together. I don't think we hardly turned on the TV. It was nice and cool here in St. George, but not snowing and that's what mattered! Their trip was pretty quick but perfect.
That Thursday Cara and I had to go to school because it was our science fair and we both had entered. The Preslar clan came up and looked at our boards at school, but somehow we never got a picture of me at school with my board. They ended up heading home right after lunch.
I won my science fair actually! (Okay I might have been the only second grader, but I still had a great project!) Cara took second in her kindergarten division and I think there were three or four projects.
Cara's project looked at how hot colors got in the sun and if it made a difference what color your shirt was. I did my project on "Bee Science". It was great. I went to our neighbor's house and had four different containers for bees to drink sugar water from. I asked the question of which color are bees more attracted to. I had a flowery shirt, a black shirt, a white shirt, and a bright green shirt underneath glass lids. It ended up linking directly to Cara's project because the black sugar water kind of evaporated, but the bees went to the flower one first. So it's true! Bees like flowery things! I'm headed to the district science fair later in April!




0 comments:
Post a Comment