Guest post by Mommy:
I should really sit down and do this in a different mentality, but Siena will be seven before I ever get that chance. Iva is starting to run me a bit ragged. She is EVERYWHERE and into all that is not for her.
Siena at seven is really a wonderful thing. She is responsible and happy and pleasant and helpful and independent and amazing. She is also goofy and prone to being unable to stop her crying. She is straddling that line between little girl who wants to play pretend and a girl who wants to play dress up, but look pretty.
First grade has kind of thrown us into growing up. She seemed to be adjusting with no trouble to going to school all day, but has since shown signs of stress. For a little while, she would get very teary eyed in the morning. She never wanted to stay home, but she always had "butterflies in her stomach" and was nervous. Luckily, she has amazing friends who seemed to swoop in on her as soon as we touched foot on to the school property. As I mentioned earlier, she also can't seem to stop her crying. She says things like "my body can't stop" or "my body is telling me to cry". It's been hard for us both. I'm trying to be understanding, but I find myself really wanting to say "BUCK UP, SON!" Both of these things have lessened in the last week or so. Fingers crossed that we've transitioned!
Siena is very good in school. Her teacher informed me that she probably reads on a fourth grade reading level and is constantly her helper because she's one of the few who can read enough to be helpful! Right now, Siena is the "nurse" in her classroom and she loves helping take sick kids to the office just like Aunt Angie. Hahaha. Her math skills are more on grade level, but she's pretty quick none the less. She does love school. She misses hanging out with us though and I can't blame her! We are pretty fun!
She recently learned to tie her shoes. We've been a little slow on this one because we live in flip flops and I have no patience apparently. She has started helping clean the bathroom and likes to pick up Iva and try to take care of her. If I was better at getting her to practice, I'm confident she would also be an excellent piano player. As it is, I tend to want to go play at a park rather than sit with her and do it!
She loves to dance and sing to popular songs such as "Shake it Off" and then she likes to make up her own versions of the songs.
I love her. I'm so happy to be spending the day with her in Disneyland. (Where else!)



0 comments:
Post a Comment