Friday, August 15, 2014

First week of First Grade, Check!

School felt like it started so early this year! August 11th is a heinous date to start on. It feels like it's still July! That's just my Mommy talking. I was so excited to start school and see my friends again. This year I am in FIRST grade and I get to stay all day at school.

My teacher's name is Mrs. Seegmiller. She's very nice. Her favorite colors are black and white and turquoise. (I keep accidentally mixing that word with trapezoid and saying something like trayquoid and Mom and Dad were really confused!) She eats lunch with us.

We are doing school jobs right now and I want to be a school nurse. Mom thinks what I mean is we are talking about what kind of jobs we can have one day.

I was lucky to have Tariq, Tiana, Ali, Amelia, and Carmendee in my class! Amelia was my favorite friend from kindergarten and my mom kept warning me that we might not be in the same class. She was wrong! Yay!

My favorite part about my first day was lunch time. I love packing my lunch and taking it with me. I asked Mom to get me an alarm clock so that I could surprise her and get in the shower and get ready all by myself that first day. I'm not great at actually getting out of bed when the alarm goes off, but I still like it. I've kept it in my room.




(Somehow Mom always picks the chalk color that doesn't come out in pictures!)





0 comments: