Friday, September 27, 2013

Siena is Six!!!!

Guest post by Mommy:

Can it be?  My oldest is SIX?  Between that number and the fact that she's in kindergarten, I think I really have to accept that she is becoming a full blown kid.  She doesn't need me for much other than permission and reassurance.  It's crazy.

I have almost no idea how to appropriately celebrate this girl.  I've been blessed with an energetic, but obedient daughter.  I'm racking my brain trying to think of what has changed about her this year.

-She is in kindergarten now which means she is reading beginner books.
-She can write all her letters and is spending a lot of time trying to write her own words.
-She loves to tell stories.
-Her chores changed to doing her own laundry with help.  She puts it in the washer and then I have it ready for her to fold and put away after school.  She's quite good at it.
-She can keep long term goals in mind.  We are saving for Disneyland again and she will pick putting money in the bank over buying a toy.
-Her swimming skills are phenomenal.  She can swim down to the bottom of pools.
-She is also very brave when it comes to kneeboarding/bellyboarding.  She understands how to let go of the rope and wait for the boat to come back and get her.
-She still asks permission to do most things. (Go outside, get a drink, play in the playroom, get out a game.) It's great.
-She is still a very cheerful person and I'm sure her teacher will tell me that she loves to talk.
-She and Cara can play for HOURS together.  It's great.

There are so many other things that she is talented at.  She is just such a pleasure to have in our family.  Siena and I can have bad days.  We can make each other cry, but I am grateful for the ball of happiness that she is.



0 comments: