If ever I am feeling down about myself or worrying that I might not have any friends, I'm going to need to reread this post. I tell you what. I have great friends and a fabulous husband.
My birthday was last Thursday. I wasn't expecting anything big. My passes to Disneyland are long since expired and so I knew I couldn't repeat my Disney birthday from last year. Pete seemed to have something in mind and was planning things which was more than he has done before. The week seemed to be a long one. Siena and Cara's preschool teacher had fallen ill and they were asking me to help with things and I just wasn't used to feeling like I had a job!
On Tuesday night, I found a little note on my bed. It was my first clue. It was my first clue in my multi day scavenger hunt. By the end of Wednesday afternoon, I had found 23 clues....
As you can see, there was a wide range in tasks. I was able to visit most of my friends homes, even run some errands at our library and let my girls ride a carousel.
And my night wasn't over. I went to my parents house after teaching at the gym for a joint celebration with my dad for his birthday. I received a text that told me to return home and get ready for someone to pick me up.
I then was greeted by two friends who led me with two more clues to a Yogurtland gift card and then was whisked off to see a large group of my friends from church waiting for me. And I thought it was over.
But then while eating yogurt, my dear husband walked in and tried to blind fold me. I refused to be blindfolded but promised to keep my eyes closed. I was led to a car where I thought maybe Pete would take me away to Vegas, but then I was listening suddenly to a recording that I wasn't understanding. I became impatient and opened my eyes to discover my friend, Sarah, in the driver's seat and my friend Iva in the back. It was awesome. All my friends gathered around my car suddenly yelling "You are going to Disneyland!!" And we drove off. Okay actually we drove off so I could double check what Pete had packed for me and for me to get my wallet...yada yada yada. It was actually very sweet to stop at home because Siena gave me the BIGGEST hug of excitement. She was so happy for me.
And then we drove off into the night. It was amazing. My two friends, Sarah and Iva will be moving as summer begins and I have been heartbroken. I will miss them dearly. But we had a great 36 hours together!
| We ended up having a churro eating contest because we couldn't bring them on the ride! |
| We love Disneyland!! |
| They even bought me a birthday cake! |
| Birthday magic on Toy Story Mania! |
And then we did something I had never done before! Early that morning we had been the very first ones on California Screamin'! We even had a whole roller coaster to ourselves! We decided to finish our day by being the very LAST people on Peter Pan. It was awesome!!
| Walking out of Fantasyland... |
| We got a set of pretzel bites for free! |
Such a FANTASTIC way to end my birthday. Actually...I wish I could say that's where it ended but we still had to drive home and that involved driving 10 miles in the wrong direction and me *ahem* tossing my pretzel bites from motion sickness...that hasn't happened to me in YEARS. It was really quite funny. Not even the least bit queasy while on the roller coasters...in the car for 30 minutes and up those pretzel bites came. Oh well. It made it even more memorable.
I tell you again. My husband and my friends are amazing. They were all in on it. My family was kind of in awe. I love that I had people who cared for me so much! Thank you thank you thank you. Can't wait to see you what you do for my THIRTIETH next year!! No pressure!



2 comments:
I love you Sheri!!! I kept laughing out loud the whole time I read this!!! And don't worry a bit about your 30th, one of my goals in life is to make it onto your blog as much as possible!!!!!
Guess what I did for Jeff's upcoming thirtieth? I planned him a trip to hike Mt. Whitney and then bike from Whitney portal to the lowest spot of Death Valley... from the highest spot in the lower 48 to the lowest. I've told him many times that I'm never going to let him do it. He was very surprised when I told him we one the Whitney lotto! Him and his friends and his brother and dad are all going June 21st. There is an open spot if Pete wants to come... Email me and let me know if he wants in. ;)
Post a Comment