Sheesh! Where to start?! I don't even know. This will be a HUGE post. We have done a lot of posts on Disneyland because if you can believe it I have been more times to Disneyland than I am years old. That's right. This was my FIFTH trip. Again, we have a lot of pictures of Disneyland. But Mommy says that I keep changing and there are more memories worth capturing!
Anyway, this trip was supposed to be all about my mom but she turned in to all about ME. Mommy and Daddy thought for sure that with shoes on I would be tall enough for all the 40"er rides (Big Thunder Railroad, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, etc....) However they discovered on our very first day there that I was still a centimeter (at most) too short still. Discouraged. So Mommy got down to business crossing off things of our new Disneyland Bucket List. We have a sheet of paper with all 86 attractions or so they are claimed by Disney and we are going to cross off all of them at one point during the year. It's been pretty neat. For example, Mommy had no idea that you could pet goats and donkeys and big horses right outside of Fantasy Land. It's called Big Thunder Ranch and was a fun spot to hang out.

So we spent most of the first day going on delightful rides such as the tea cups and Go Coaster (which was my favorite until day 2!) and doing Toy Story etc.
We also got to enjoy a delicious dinner with Grandpa and Grandma Great. They were awesome and let us stay at their house and play with Chloe when we weren't at Disneyland.
Okay back to why it was all about me. On the second day, Mommy suddenly got it in her head that she was going to get me on those 40"er rides. She just had to. She was going to get me on Splash Mountain and we were going to stuff my shoes with napkins to do it. And it WORKED. I got to go on Splash Mountain! Now this next photo collage will be all about the next two days and how my attitude clearly morphed about the ride. I loved it right away but it made me nervous until the last 2 times I rode it. I really LOVED it then. Mommy kicks herself for not buying one of the pictures because it was too perfect. We couldn't have planned it better!
Okay this was me before my first ride.....
And this was me after the big drop! I thought it was great!
Now here are how my "in ride" pictures turned out!
Can you guess which one Mom wishes she had bought? So the one on the bottom right is it and it was because I was the very front and could actually SEE the drop. The one bottom left was my last time down! Can you tell I loved it? I think Mommy looks more scared than me in that one!
If you can believe it, she and Daddy even took me on Space Mountain 6 times. That's because it was the 6th time that I finally enjoyed every minute of it. We weren't even supposed to be going to Disneyland on Friday but I insisted when we woke up that we go so that I could go on more big girl rides. Turned out it was a great idea. (My first time on Space Mountain however involved me shaking so badly in line Mommy thought I was cold and then me asking to be held and sung to "I am a Child of God". Mommy still feels a little guilty.)
Actually she thinks I was so scared because she bribed me on to Tower of Terror before that (I got a bubble gun!) If you look at that picture....
I was scared but everyone gave me high fives because I didn't cry or really scream. I was TOO TERRIFIED. I think I'll do it again though!
We just had so much fun this trip. We loved the time of year. It was hot during the day so you wanted to do a ride like Splash Mountain and it was fun to sit and play at Dot's Splash Puddle and then at night everyone leaves and you get to do fun things like play with Mickey in his house all by yourself. That's right, Mickey took me on a personal tour and sat and taught me how to play his piano and then how to dance. That doesn't happen every day! We also finally got to meet Fawn the animal fairy which was the last one we hadn't met! The colors on this picture are so fun!
Cara had a terrific time to. She got to meet Minnie and Pooh and Eyore and Mr. Rabbit when I was on other rides. She is the funniest on Pirates. She loves that ride and loves to keep her hands in the air on the very last huge hill that they pull you up to get you off the ride. Too funny.
Okay Mommy and I are getting a little tired and we're not sure anyone is still reading this far down so here are a couple last photo collages and a few great videos that are worth your time if you have scrolled down this far!!!
Oh this photo is a favorite of Mommy's. This was OUTSIDE Haunted Mansion. Cara assumed the position and so did I. (You can even ask Cara about it and she'll tell you AND show you what she does for the ride!)
And here are the videos!
I think this one is a little mean because you can hear Mommy and Daddy laughing at us and it's their fault that we are falling over dead tired in the stroller!!
1 comments:
Siena has been to Disneyland more times than I have! I've only been twice in my 31 years. But don't feel bad for me... I don't. You're lucky your girls are so easy going. Jonathan... well, let's just say that his personality is such that unless it changes in the future, I'm NEVER taking him to a theme park. He'd be miserable to have around after about an hour. And we'd all be screaming at each other and wondering why on earth we wasted our money. It's all just too much stimulation for him. And, honestly, it's too much for me after about lunch time. I have to be able to have a nap in the middle of the day and then I have to have sugar foods/drinks all afternoon or I fall apart into a practically hysterical mess. Maybe one day, when the kids are bigger, I'll let Jeff take the ones who can handle it and Jonathan and I will do something else. LOL!
Post a Comment