Friday, January 6, 2012

My girls....

Guest post by Mommy:

I did it. I made it. And it flew by. What flew by? What did she do? I know. Pretty vague. I'm not talking about the holidays. I'm talking about my first week as a stay at home Mom. That's right. I spent all week playing with my girls, ignoring my girls while cleaning the house, running out to lunch with my sister before she went off to college, etc. And I didn't spend as much money as I thought I would. It's been a pleasure because my girls are growing up. And fast. (Not physically speaking of course, we're still runts over here...)

Some funny things about who Siena is now:

She is a big girl. And I mean this in she went from my slightly uncoordinated, not brave, cautious little girl to my "I know how to skip" run around the playground without Mommy and try all kinds of things that I never would have before and talk in long run on sentences about very complex things that happened two weeks ago. So I guess that is changing physically. She's thinning out majorly. Her little elastic band wrists are finally gone. And those chubby thighs have been saying good bye for a long time. I feel like all these changes happened one after another over night for the last two months. Her last daycare lady, Miss Michelle, was wonderful and taught Siena so much. She can write her name and recognize anywhere (that made presents fun for Christmas.) We were sad to be done there but hopefully we'll get to do preschool there or something.

And do you know what movie Santa brought her? Rango.



That's right. And when she saw it, she exclaimed "MY FAVORITE!!" We've watched it like 15 times (at even Cara's request. We've watched her Santa movie "The Lion King", once.) She quotes it, she laughs about it, she UNDERSTANDS IT. We even saw it in the theaters and she wouldn't stop talking about while the adults with her were a little perplexed and thought it was strange. She LOVES it. (I also feel I could devote a whole blog post just to this because now that I think about it, I like it. A lot. And it's got some distinctive, interesting, and just fascinating characters....) I love that girl. She's just really becoming a person. And it's going so fast I can't catch my breath.

Oh and Cara. Cara, Cara, Cara. I swear she's not growing. I can still put some (not very many) of her 12 month things on her. It doesn't help that she sucks her thumb and loves to cuddle. It's like I still have a baby but one that talks. A lot. And freaks other people out because of how deep her conversations go and she's just this little tiny thing. She also remembers crazy details with accuracy. She understands concepts and time passing. She plays pretend with Siena and says the most awesome things like, "Don't be shy" when Siena's pretending to be a dog and whimpering. They play for HOURS together. Also she finally figured out jumping off the ground with two feet. She doesn't do it often but every now and then magic. She's much braver than Siena ever was. (IF ONLY WE COULD HARNESS HER VERBAL ABILITIES INTO POTTY TRAINING. That child. No interest whatsoever. Come on, Cara, you're killing me...I won't have another baby until you are outta diapers. Wait...maybe this is her plan....)

Sigh...hopefully I'll continue to survive my stay at home momness. In truth, I will actually be teaching 3 group fitness classes a week at Summit Athletic Club so I'll still be earning a W-2 but that's only 3 hours a week. I love it though and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to smother my children all day long!

1 comments:

Jen said...

Yay!! Good for you! Is this a permanent change? It is so rewarding and so demanding all at the same time. It's hard. Oh so hard. Especially if you have my three sons. ;) But I'd never do it any other way. The years go by so fast and I'm glad I'm not missing anything. On the other hand, the days individually go by so S-L-O-W! There are days (more often than not sometimes) where I'm BEGGING for bedtime! But again, I wouldn't have it any other way. It means my house is always a disaster and I always feel behind but it also means that I get to see them be sweet with each other and I get to pick them up when they cry and I get to watch them becoming new people. It's pretty neat.