Disclaimer from Mommy: Please forgive me if you find the documenting of my grandmother's funeral offensive. I wanted to capture this moment in time like any other, as it was a celebration of her life. That does include at least one picture of her and her casket which I found beautiful....

Grandma, yesterday we finally had the opportunity to pay our respects and acknowledge your life. It was beautiful. The weather threatened to be snowy and bitterly cold but we were pleasantly surprised with a crisp mostly sunny December morning. My mom arranged everything wonderfully. Uncle David was able to finally make it and Aunt Teresa came with Uncle Rick and Kathy. You had friends come and share their memories and their love. You will be greatly missed by your Kmart shoppers!
The graveside service was poignant and touching. Your daughters loved you very much and spoke of how much you had taught them. Marty reminded us that we will see you again and that our Savior made that possible.
Pete played the cello for you to help send you home. I hope you were able to be there and listen.
Grandma, we love you. Siena insists that her doggy, that she took from your house, go with us everywhere, including your funeral. She had it kiss you for her.
And of course it was nice to be able to be with family. I enjoyed seeing Kathy again and picking out your final resting place with my Mom and sister. The girls love it...they get to see horses like the ones you used to work with.

1 comments:
I thought that was a lovely post, my girl, and I think it's really important to take and keep those pictures of our loved ones after they've gone. I know this is a silly comparison, but we took pix of Alex before we buried him and they're quite therapeutic. Not offensive at all. Everything looked so beautiful. Love you.
Post a Comment