Monday, December 13, 2010

A Few Christmas Hang Ups.....

Guest post by Mommy:

So I enjoy Christmas....I wouldn't say I'm a Christmas fanatic. I'm not the "amazing deal, Black Friday Gal" or the "Christmas threw up on all my stuff Girlie." But my house is decorated and it is decorated Thanksgiving weekend, I get a real tree, I watch my favorite Christmas movie OVER AND OVER again and honestly can barely wait until Thanksgiving to do so. I love thinking about Santa coming on Christmas Eve and have only been able to sleep that night since having children and the exhaustion that accompanies that. The smells are wonderful, the way people treat each other (generally) is amazing. You feel more appreciated. Yada Yada Yada..you get it.

However, I have a couple of hang ups and I think this is where I hang on to my adolescence and try not to grow up even though this was one of my favorite parts of Christmas growing up. Christmas cards and neighbor gifts. I'm TERRIBLE at this. I pretend every year to send out Christmas cards. I don't have a real list. I haven't even decided yea or nay about sending them out this year...uh and it's December 13th. Which is funny because I genuinely enjoy receiving the cards and reading the newsletter or snippet that comes with it! I can think of 30 plus people whom I would love to stay in contact with even if it was just through a Christmas card every year and yet...I don't have addresses and probably won't make a real attempt to get them. So I think I'm writing this blog post in an attempt to tell the few people that read this that I love you all, I miss you (if I don't get to see you), I want to receive your Christmas card and I will hang on to your envelope to pretend that you are getting a card from me maybe next year and that I had a wonderful year and was blessed with finally living in St. George for a whole year and getting our dream house in April that we put an offer on the Monday after Thanksgiving 2009!

Oh and as far as the neighbor gifts go, I'm thinking that I'll wait and see if I get any and then it might take me until Christmas but I'll think up something cute dang it.

1 comments:

Jen said...

Neighbor gifts? Shoot! Who does neighbor gifts? You know what you could do. Bake cookies or pumpkin bread or something like that and call it good. You only have two neighbors... one on each side, right? One batch of cookies will totally cover two families. Throw a handful of Dove Promises or little candy canes on the plate with the cookies and you've got a treat plate! ;) And don't worry... I haven't printed them yet, but I will be sending you our newsletter. And I know you love us even if you don't send a Christmas card to us. :D

PS I'm TOTALLY stoked about seeing you guys in January!! We are driving in on Jan. 10 and driving out on Jan 17. Email me your work schedule so we can figure out a day to hang out and for the guys to ride their century.