Thursday, August 26, 2010

A One Night Get Away

Guest post by Mommy:
Tuesday night, Pete and I had the opportunity to steal away to Vegas for a night. Awhile back, my Mom's brother David had come to Vegas for a work convention. He stayed at the new hotel The Palazzo. It is "attached" to The Venetian but it is AMAZING. My mom had been to his hotel room so she recommended we get a room there. SO WORTH IT. It is not "cheap" as in not under a hundred dollars but it was under two hundred and you get your monies worth. Of course we did get a killer deal through promotional goodness. The suite (which is their base room) was incredible. A huge bed and a separate little "living room" with a wrap around couch. A massive bathroom with separate shower and tub and a little separate room for the commode (and when I say little it was actually huge.) Marble floors, three separate flat screen TVs, one of which was in the bathroom!

We had the most wonderful time being a couple. We went and swam, laid in the sun, got all glammed up and walked down to the MGM for the Cirque Du Soleil show, KA. That also was unbelievable. It was very story oriented as opposed to just constant acrobatics but so cool. Fire on stage, fireworks at the end...it just took your breath away and made you wish you could move like them. I did get uncontrollable giggles at a male love interest in the show. He was a sparkling Tarzan figure. Unfortunately, he looked just like all the caricature Edwards you see just with long hair. It kind of ruined his amazing acrobatics because all I could focus on was the glitter and the sparkling loin cloth.

It was some much needed alone time and I can't wait to do it again. It was nice to feel inseparable again.

Really these pictures don't do it justice but we didn't get many pictures of the room. Actually, we only took like three pictures the whole time and I forgot to download them before I sent Pete off on his Mt. Hood to Coast relay. So these stock photos will have to work. We had a king size bed instead of two queens.


0 comments: